This beautiful town, abode of His Holiness the Dalai Lama of Tibet is situated in the Himalayan state of Himachal Pradesh in India. It is an interesting amalgamation of International globe trotters, local Gaddi tribes, mountain folk and an active Tibetan refugee community.
Situated at a height of 1800 meters and surrounded by the Mighty Dhauladhar ranges, it is a trending tourist town on the calendar for all seasons.
After India achieved Independence in 1947, His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama of Tibet on his famous flight for freedom from Tibet came to India in 1959. Dharamsala as his chosen abode of stay in India became known as the ‘Little Lhasa of Tibet’, as the Tibetan refugee community gathered around him bringing with them the different flavors of Buddhist culture. Today Mcleodganj, Dharamsala is hubbing hot spot, must see destination for many.
As the Spiritual Capital of the World, the energy zones of the Mother Goddess 'Kali', Shiva n Shakti..the famous Flame Temple of Jwalamukhi and the rejuvenating shrines , the monasteries..Dharamshala today, attracts many International Tourists around the globe.
* Height : 1380 – 1800 meters.
* Roads : Connected by roads to all important places. Buses, Taxis are available.
* Seasons : Spring, Summer, Monsoon, Autumn and Winter.
* Language : English, Hindi, Pahari and Tibetan.
* Communication : Telephone code – 01892, Internet, WIFI, Web Cafes available.
* Money Exchange : ATM machines, Banks are available for Foreign exchange and money transfer.
* Temperature : Max – 25 to 30 degree celcius, Mini – 03 to 05 degree celcius
* Clothes to Wear : Carry Light jackets, cottons, rain gear and woolens for winter.
* Lodging : Hotels, Guest Houses and Homestays available.
* Cuisine : Exciting food range from Local to International.
Read more on Dharamshala Travel..